What types of property is Habitat looking for?
- A Parcel of land that is suitable to build on
- Property with a home that needs to be demolished
- Property with a home that needs renovation
What are the TAX BENEFITS of donating land or a home to Habitat?
- Substantial tax deduction on donation*
- Freedom from unwanted property holdings
- Long-term savings... no more property taxes
What are other benefits of donating land or property to Habitat?
- Provide an affordable home for a deserving family in need
- Restore blighted neighborhoods
What are other ways to partner with Habitat to obtain property?
- Sell a parcel of land or a home to Habitat at a discounted rate
- Create a legacy by adding Habitat to your will for bequest of property
What are the benefits of selling land or a home at a discounted rate to Habitat?
- Tax deductions on donation of the difference between the salees price and the actual value of the land*
*Buzzards Bay Area Habitat for Humanity's housing programs are supported by donations. Financial resources to purchase land are limited, so we rely upon gifts of land to assure the affordability of the houses we build.
Please call to speak to us about the donation or sale of your property at (508) 758‑ 4517.
Buzzards Bay Area Habitat for Humanity is a charitable 501(c)(3) organization. Donations made to our affiliates are deductable to the full extent under IRS code. Consult your tax professional regarding the tax deduction of a land donation.